FLY BASSANO DEL GRAPPA, ITALY
Seven days in Bassano will level up any pilot’s skills. This all-inclusive tour takes you to the most accessible flying site in Italy and gives you plenty of time with our instructors to radically improve your handling, thermaling and XC skills.
For pilots from intermediate beginner to XC enthusiasts our new adventure tour will help you progress your flying while experiencing one of the most iconic paragliding venues in the world.
Bassano is on the edge of the Italian Alps, in the foothills. Known for idyllic grassy launches and huge landing fields, Bassano accommodates a large range of pilot skill. With it’s massive ridge running both directions, you can easily find thermals and fly a obvious XC route out and back. We promise a safe tour filled with flying, fun and adventure and that’s why we work with local pilots to plan the best flying experience. Combined with Ari’s teaching expertise and in-flight guidance, our flying tours maximise your time in the air. Our team has also done the legwork to find the best food spots and places to stay so you can focus on flying and let us be your guides in the air and on the ground in Italy.
WHO IS THE 7-DAY ADVENTURE TOUR RIGHT FOR?
- P2, P3 and P4 Pilots who want to learn and improve their thermalling technique and XC skills – From experience, we have noticed that all pilots learn more when in a group of mixed abilities
- Pilots who want to explore the paragliding in Mexico with a guide that knows the local area
- Pilots who can launch and land with minimal or no help
- People who are open-minded, curious, motivated, enthusiastic, friendly, polite, team-oriented, mindful, and fun!
Limited Spots Still Available
Pending dates August 24-30 2024
GUIDANCE WHERE YOU NEED IT
We offer full in-flight radio guidance for pilots that wish to use it. As well as giving pilots the chance to have 1-on-1 time with an instructor to discuss anything thing you would like to improve throughout the trip. Guidance in the air will be in groups, with no more than 5 students per guide.
Bassano is a thermal site and offers the perfect place for pilots to practise techniques and ask for observation and radio guidance when they want it. Tasks and skills practised are based on the pilot’s current ability but can include:
Glider handling – pitch control, carving and active piloting
Thermalling technique – mapping, coring and finding triggers
Speed bar and active piloting on speed bar
Speed to fly theory and practice
Gliding techniques for effeciency and performance
XC Theory – LZ’s, weather, cloud flying, flight instruments and anything else you could possibly want to learn about flying paragliders cross-country
WHAT YOU NEED
- USHPA P2 license or above or international equivalent license
- Paragliding Equipment
- Certified paraglider (EN B or above)
- Certified harness
- Reserve parachute
- Unlocked dual-band VHF radio – we recommend the Yaesu FT-270 or FT-65R.
- Highly recommended to have a cockpit and flight instrument, could be as simple as your phone
- Ability to confidently take off and land on your own.
- Basic fitness level – ability to sustain a 35-minute power walk or hike your glider kit 2 miles continuous
- Warm clothes – you will feel the cold once you’ve thermalled to cloud base
- Comfortable and sturdy shoes – hiking boots are ideal
- USHPA does not cover third party insurance outside of USA. You can purchase travel insurance from World Nomads, you can click hereto get a quote.
Ari in the Air – Ari has been a professional action sports athlete his entire adult life. He’s been paragliding for more than 8 years and over 2000 flight hours in 15 countries on 5 continents. Initially he chased acrobatics, reminiscent of his freeskiing background. Eventually, after his first 115km XC flight, (acro harness, no flight instrument, food or water or any idea what he was doing), he was hooked. He’s been chasing XC and competition flying ever since. He was married to a Mexican woman for nearly a decade, so has traveled extensively through the country and speaks spanish. He’s also guided paragliding tours in Colima before, and loves this place so much.
Guest Coaches – Hand selected to fit the group, Ari will hire his fellow American paraglide guru guides.